Saturday, December 6, 2008

I don't have pictures to post, but I just felt like writing about a couple events of the day. First of all, the snow(even though not much) just made me happy. I was driving up Wadsworth, and even though the beautiful leaves are long gone, I saw the beauty of the small town drive and just felt blessed to have a wonderful family, terrific friends who support me, and this great Christmas season. So, I figured to continue in the spirit of things, we should bundle the kids up and go to the Christmas parade. It was while we were standing there...in the snow... in the cold...with no gloves to be found on the kids' hands...that I realized.... I don't like parades! What happened to cool floats and exciting things. I mean seriously, I could just enter my van next year and represent the cause of "We definately don't Litter" and that might be more exciting and more decorative than half the things I saw. Sorry for those of you who love parades. (of coarse, the Macy's parade is an exception.) But, with that said, I'll see you along the street next year!
Then it was time to decorate the Christmas tree. I'm already 2 weeks late, so it had to be done tonight. And it was. We had it all....broken ornaments....screaming (from me and the kids)...lovely Christmas music...the fake tree getting everywhere...N putting ornaments on top of each other and M taking them down. No, it won't go down as the best tree decorating ever, but...this is us and I wouldn't want anything else.

1 comment:

Ann said...

we thought the same thing about the parade! where were all the cool decorations and floats? and we kept wondering why-if there's so many churches in there, we didn't think to do something to represent. oh well-lucy still loved it. glad your tree decorating was exciting-i was hoping for some enthusiasm as i put up our fake one in the basement last night-but i did 99% of it myself. oh well.