Sunday, December 7, 2008

Wow...166!!!

I had a fun time on Friday night, as I was able to spend a couple of hours with a couple of really good guys and we had some fun. First, I ate way too much at El Charro, but the food was delicious.

Then we went bowling. This is where the wow factor comes in. We bowled two games, the first I did my typical, barely reach 100. But on the second game, I bowled 4 strikes in a row and then later bowled another. My final score was 166. I have never bowled that high before. I had to let the guys I was with know that it really was luck and I don't ever expect to get those scores again. I think another contributor was one of my friends encouraging me to set my goal higher, well it worked, so thanks for that.

Then we had some ice cream, which tasted surprisingly good on a cold night. I so appreciate the people who watched my kids so my wife could go to a nice party with her friends and I could hang out with mine. By the way, I think my wife had a great time at her little get together. Good job madame hostess on throwing a good party that my wife loved.

4 comments:

Dan said...

I thought maybe 166 was your weight. :)

Richard said...

Wow, if I weighed 166 I would be almost invisible fromt he side. I think it is easier to bowl a 166 than to get down to 166, but I am trying.

Jaime said...

I hear the mandate was tons of fun--you guys need to do it more often!

Rachel said...

I'm not sure how I didn't know you had a blog but I'm excited ya'll do! I just strolled around some and I love all your pictures, your kids are getting so big! Yeah for blogging :) Good job Melinda I'm so proud of you!