Sunday, July 19, 2009


Before anymore time goes by....our most recent big adventure was the family (and when I mean family, I mean the WHOLE family) vacation to Topsail Beach! Neither N or M had ever seen the beach. N loved it. Or should I say, he loved to run up to the water, and then run away from it when the waves crashed. By the end of the week, he was getting brave! M on the other hand was not fond of it at all. The first time we walked to the beach, she screamed and wouldn't get down. Then, by Friday, she was more brave. She said it was "too loud."


The week was spent at the beach, going to Wilminton to the battleship (I leaned 2 things--- 1- don't wear a skirt when touring the battleship and 2- I DON'T like closed in places!!), cleaning up sand, looking for sharks teeth, cleaning up sand, Richard and I going out for a lovely lunch, cleaning up sand, shopping at the only grocery store around (oh how I missed you Kroger), cleaning up sand, watching a fabulous fireworks display thanks to mother nature, cleaning up sand, N getting everyone to play hide and go seek, cleaning up sand, going to the aracade, cleaning up sand, going putt-putting...oh, and did I say that there was a lot of sand to clean up!!!

It was a great time! Some of our favorite times when it was just the 4 of us. No offense to the rest of the family, but those few moments that it was just our small family was priceless. All the other times were great and fun-filled and we were just glad that we were finally able to go on a vacation that lasted longer than 1 day in our almost 6 years of marriage. In the words of N, "when can we go back?"

4 comments:

Jack said...

oh I am so happy for you guys. what a wonderful escape--i had to laugh because i too wore a skirt touring that same battleship (did you like the 12 tribes stuff? trippy, eh?) and found the wind/stairways to be not so skirt conducive. what a great trip! I think we should do a "ladies" family trip down there sometime together!

Tracy said...

no offense taken, some of my favorite moments was just with Michael and myself :)

though i must admit your kids were too adorable and entertaining :)

Amy said...

Love that picture! Hope you get to have many more vacations.

Rachel said...

Your kids are getting so big! I'm glad you had a great vacation!