Monday, August 11, 2008

Heading back to work.

Well, today was sort of the official start for me in heading back to work. It about broke my heart this morning when I had to tell "N" that I was going to work. He bowed his head, puckered his little lips and let out a little wimper. I am sure he is going to get over it eventually, but it doesn't make it any easier.

I am excited for the new year however. I am embarking on a new adventure. I am not just teaching one subject anymore. I am teaching 6th grade History (1877 to present) the first half of the year and 7th Grade Civics the second half. Since I have already taught Civics for two years I am not to worried about it, except I have to adjust from 60 min. classes to 90 min classes. I haven't taught the history before however so I am a little nervous. I love that era in U.S. history and history is my passion, but it doesn't make it any easier.

We have been blessed lately because Melinda has picked up 4 more piano lessons with the possiblity of two more coming soon. Hurray!!!

Our new niece, on Melinda's side of the family, is doing well. She was a preemie and we were all concerned about her weight, but since her last visit to the doctor she has gained weight and we are all happy. This will probably be the last time someone is happy they gained weight. :)

We got our front room painted. It was half solid and have sponge painted before and Melinda hated it! So her dad, "N", and I painted it all one color and I must say, it does look much better. I guess I will never question my wife's authority on what looks good again. It only took me 5 years to realize that.

Catch ya'll later.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

5's not great, but it's better than 10...our regularly matching outfits PROVE to me she has good taste anyway!