Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New Job

No, I am not quiting my job as a teacher. I absolutely love my job and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I work at a wonderful school, with great administration, good kids, and I love teaching History. But I am beginning employment with the military on a part time basis. Because so many people want to join the army due to the bad economic times, the army is being forced to raise the standards for incoming recruits.

The army administers a test to recuits to determine the types of jobs available to them. If you pass the test, but don't score real high they get to be a foot soldier. But if you pass with a higher score, there are more options open to you.

Some of the recruits need a little help on passing the test, so the military highers tutors to help work with these recruits. I am being hired as one of those tutors. I am excited for the opportunity, I sort of feel like I am serving my country in my own way. The pay is good, and I get to accept or reject recruits depending on my availability. I couldn't pass up the opportunity and am excited for the little extra money to help my family. It's also kind of cool to say..."I work for the military."

4 comments:

Nicki said...

That's awesome! I hope the extra money will help make life a little easier for your family as well. I know it is hard to raise a family on a teacher's salary. Good luck!

Heather said...

way cool Sir!

Lauren in GA said...

That is really neat, Richard. You are a teacher in 2 arenas now.

Glenn and Melanie said...

Do I have to salute you now?????